Mental and behavioral health issues in older adults can be difficult to understand and even more challenging to work with. Thus, GeroPartners is happy to custom-design a training that would suit your facility or agency’s needs, or share a training we have already developed based on widespread demand in the past. Popular topics have included the following:
- General mental health issues in older adults (e.g., depression, anxiety, delirium)
- Dementia (i.e., neurocognitive disorders) in older adults (i.e., different types, causes, symptoms, behaviors, treatments)
- Personality disorders in older adults (i.e., different types, causes, symptoms, behaviors, treatments)
- Behavioral management of mental health issues and/or dementia in older adults
- Decision-making capacity in older adults (i.e., how it is determined, what types [medical, financial])
- Sexuality and Older Adults (i.e., healthy sexuality in older adults, person-centered approaches to inappropriate sexual behavior in dementia)
For more information, or to schedule a training, contact us here.